Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Super Cool Holiday Gift from Brad Pitt

Yep, I got a Christmas gift from Brad Pitt. Okay, it came from my parents though Pitt's foundation Make it Right, but what woman is not going to pass up the opp to make a statement like that? (sigh)

I did a post on conscious holiday shopping where I talked about trying to get my parents off the "thneed" holiday gifting and I was so impressed and excited when my mom and stepdad make a donation to the Make it Right Foundation in my name this year!

The mission of Make it Right is to be a catalyst for redevelopment of the Lower 9th Ward of New Orleans, building sustainable homes and preserving the spirit of the comunity's culture. They want to move fast and I love that Brad Pitt is exercising his celebrity visibility to help a great cause.

And my mom and stepdad rock for 1. giving a conscious gift and 2. supporting a good cause, embracing the real meaning of the giving season

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow, your parents must have a big heart, congratulations to them.